The Ken Stradling Collection Trust is seeking a new Chair and additional Trustees to help it shape its vision for the future. We are seeking people who have an appetite for volunteering their skills and experience to contribute to developing a new, sustainable business model.
We are looking to the future, with ambitious plans to re-invigorate our offer – particularly focusing on:
- sharing the collection with wider audiences
- providing more creative learning opportunities for children, young people and students
- considering the future needs of the building and storage of the collection and
- forming partnerships with other arts organisations and academic institutions.
Today, The Ken Stradling Collection Trust exists to care for its remarkable collection of 20th and 21st century design and applied arts, including over 500 pieces of studio ceramics, 200 pieces of Scandinavian and British studio glass as well as many items of furniture, industrial design, decorative objects, paintings and prints. Our gallery in the heart of Bristol features changing displays from the Collection, or artworks created through our learning programme; sometimes our exhibitions feature both.
For plans to develop, the organisation needs further skills on its board of Trustees. The Trustees want to stimulate new ideas for the future, specifically to ensure:
- financial sustainability
- greater visibility
- a professional staff structure to enable growth and high-quality exhibitions, creative learning programmes and community outreach projects.